Thursday, August 25, 2011

Welcome to Lilies and Elephants!

As the title says, welcome! I just started this personal blog, which I feel is long overdue. I blog/write in two other places, the blog for my travel company, Chimera Travel,  and Chimera's quarterly e-magazine, TraveLuxe.  I love writing for business, but I also have plenty of thoughts that really have nothing to do with travel and even if they do, I don't feel they need to be on my company's blog and e-magazine. Hence, the start of Lilies and Elephants.

Why Lilies and Elephants you ask? First off, I love both. I actually wanted to name this blog Orange Lily, but it was already taken. So, for the record, was Red Lily. While forming this blog, I happened to have a conversation on twitter with several people about Elephants and how wonderful they are - my favorite animal for their intelligence and loyalty to their families - and though I might as well combine the two. I mean, if Elephant & Castle can become a worldwide pub chain, Lilies and Elephants has to have some strength, right?

This blog contains my musings, ideas, insights and potentially though hopefully not often, rants. I live my life by the "learn to swim by diving into the water" method, which results in many ridiculous stories, life lessons and hopefully helpful advice. I'm sure I'll be sharing some travel stories and pictures on here as well, and I'm always good for a little humor, self depreciating or otherwise.

If you have something you'd like to see me blog about, just ask! If  I don't know about it, I'll try to learn, or maybe I'll write a blog about how I don't know about it and why. Perhaps one day this blog will develop a theme. For now, it's just the thoughts of a wandering and adventurous spirit. So sit back, relax and enjoy the ride!

4 comments:

  1. I look forward to seeing what you write about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! You can follow it by clicking the "join this site" button on the left!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Partly, afraid I'll speak my mind a little TOO much. haha. Also, I wanted to make sure I could keep it very separate from the Chimera blog. While I am my brand, I have a personal life and professional life and the two don't always need to meet. But I'm so glad I'm doing this now! Cathartic!

    ReplyDelete