Friday, August 10, 2012

Thank You

Yesterday's blog about friendship, and in some cases the lack thereof, was a bit intense. It was supposed to be. It's a subject I'm very passionate about, if you can't tell. Today, though, I thought I'd turn things around a bit.  I'm equally as passionate about appreciating those who have been there for me. Those who truly understand love and true friendship. 

In a short and sweet post, I'd like to tell you how much I appreciate those of you who are so supportive, who reach out to me on a regular, who go the extra mile. My family and my closest friends are my life blood. I truly wouldn't have gotten through the last six years or so without them. Many of them don't live in the area, I miss them greatly, and appreciate so much for who they are as people. I talk to my best friends virtually every day, and their ability to stand by me through everything continues to amaze me. 

I have friends that I've reconnected with after years, who have made the effort to reach out, to get back in touch, to talk, to meet up, to offer support. It's incredible to me that after years - in some cases about 20 years - that we can pick up where we left off and become even better friends. 

There are those that I've met through social media, through a common interest or group, who I truly count as friends. Some of them are in different parts of the world and we've never met face to face, yet they have been a motivation and inspiration to me. Others are more local and we now meet up on a regular basis. I feel so fortunate that technology has brought these people into my life. 

To all of you, those true friends who I know are there when I need you, who reach out without me having to ask for support, who are never too busy for friendship, who have taken the time to get to know the real me: thank you. From the bottom of my heart. 


No comments:

Post a Comment