Sunday, November 25, 2012

Giving Thanks

Those who know me well, and probably those who don't but read this blog and are getting to know me well, realize that I'm all about appreciation. I say thank you as often as I can, and I mean it. To the point that it possibly makes people uncomfortable because honestly, I think displaying true appreciation is not a common trait. If you've seen me interact with my dog Cinn, you may well have seen me lay on the floor hugging her and telling her how lucky I am to have her. Not that I do this with people - I can see why that indeed would make them uncomfortable! - but you get the point. Genuine appreciation is right up there with genuine apologies in my book, and we all know how I feel about that! 

So I thought that this weekend, being Thanksgiving in America, I'd use my blog to express my gratitude for those people and things I'm truly thankful for. And if you're reading this, I promise I'm thankful for your taking the time to do that! I'm sure I'll miss things in here, as this is an impromptu blog that I'm doing off the top of my head, so perhaps in the future I'll do another "thank you" themed blog, as I have in the past. But without further adieu....I'm so very thankful for: 
  • My family. I truly don't know where I'd be without them. I love them so much. 
  • My best friends, who have seen me through everything and love me not despite my weaknesses but because of them. 
  • My dog, Cinn. Make no mistake, she rescued me as much as I rescued her, if not moreso. 
  • My general health, despite my condition. I'm lucky to have the means to work through it with help, support, and treatment. 
  • The fact that I run my own business. That's pretty special. 
  • My discovery this year that my mission and the "purpose" of my disorder, if you will, is to raise awareness, education, and support for mood disorders. 
  • The support of my mood disorders support system group members. They're amazing. 
  • New friends I've made this year, both in person, and through social media communication. 
  • Friends who I have known for years, and friends I've reconnected with from the past. 
  • The ability to learn lessons and grow from troubles and struggles - of which there have been plenty this year. 
  • The courage, strength, perseverance, and determination by those who have gone through so much more than I, and set examples that continuously motivate and inspire me. 
  • The writings through which I have come to know and learn so much, which have truly helped change how I look at life, and perhaps my path. 
I'm sure there are so many more. I hope this is a good start. And I truly hope that you have as much to be thankful for as I do. Happy Thanksgiving/weekend! 

PS - Yes, for those who read the last post, the letter writing posts will be coming - probably next week as I'm away all this coming week. But I just had to squeeze this one in there, as it was so timely. 

No comments:

Post a Comment